Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium Hotels Privacy Statement
This privacy statement applies to all services of the companies forming part of (or managed by) Fattal Netherlands Opcos B.V. (hereinafter referred to as ‘Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium’), with the exception of services where reference is made to a privacy statement applying specifically to that service.
Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium aims to provide high quality services, so that we are sure that you will return to us! We regard respect for the privacy of our guests and treatment of their personal data with care as an important part of this! This privacy statement contains general information on how we deal with your personal data.
Naturally, our goal is that you will have an unforgettable stay with us! We hope that you will stay with us again. We need your personal data in order to be able to give you every attention and personal service. We make sure that we comply with the laws and regulations applying to the use of personal data. You can rely on us to treat your personal data with care.
What are personal data?
As soon as data can identify you as a person, they are referred to as personal data. Examples of personal data are your name, address, date of birth and bank account number. Your IP address or user name can also be qualified as personal data.
In this privacy statement, we explain how we deal with your personal data and which measures we take to protect your personal data. Our privacy statement contains the following sections:
1. In order to be able to make use of your services, we need your personal data.
Which of your personal data do we process?
We want to provide you with the good service that you are accustomed to from us. In order to ensure that you can make use of our services, we need your personal data. Depending on the service that you use, we may ask you for personal data including the following:
|Name||Date of birth|
|Street name and number||IP address|
|Postal code||User name|
|Gender||Car registration number|
|Credit card number|
2. We use your personal data only for the purposes shown in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal data to other parties, for example.
We aim to remain honest and transparent about the use of your personal data.
The personal data that you have provided to us in order to take up a service from us will be used only for the purposes described below. We will not, therefore, sell your personal data to third parties.
|What do we use your personal data for?||When do we do this?|
|1||The most important thing is that we can assist you as well as possible, in order to provide the required services. For this, we first need your personal data. We will use these personal data only for that purpose.||If you make a reservation and/or stay with us.|
|2||We also want to keep our guests well informed about their stay. If you make a reservation at Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium, we keep you informed of the status of the reservation by e-mail.||If you make a reservation and/or stay with us.|
|3||With your consent, we want to keep you informed of interesting news relating to our hotels and restaurants. We also keep you informed regularly about our services.||Only with your consent.|
|4||We try to keep our services as attractive for you as possible. We therefore use your data to present content that is relevant to you on our website as far as possible.||If you visit our website.|
|5||If you have any questions or complaints, we try to assist you as quickly as possible. In some cases, we also need your personal data for this.||If there are specific questions or complaints.|
|6||If we use your personal data for purposes other than those described above, we ask for your permission in advance.||Only with your consent.|
It is also possible that we will be required to provide your personal data to authorities or other third parties, for example if this is necessary in connection with a statutory obligation
3. We want to keep you informed of interesting information on the services of Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium that are relevant for you.
We can send you relevant information on our own services if you have stated that you wish to receive this information.
Naturally, only after you have given permission for this.
You can always deregister.
We offer you the possibility of deregistering for these messages whenever you want! With mailings, for example, you can do this by clicking ‘deregister’ at the bottom of the email.
4. We want to offer you personalised services, which we do by showing the most relevant information possible on our websites and making attractive offers.
We want to offer you services that are attractive, relevant, personalised and user-friendly!
We want to provide you with excellent service and improve the accessibility and user-friendliness of our services as far as possible. If you have given consent for this, we use your personal data to send you offers that we think will be attractive to you. We also use your personal preferences to present content that is relevant to you on the website.
We make the content of our website as relevant to you as possible.
If you visit a website, it is good if the information that is relevant and attractive to you is presented right away. We are happy to assist with that. For example, on the basis of the above personal data, we may decide to adjust the content of the website to your preferences.
A personal profile for a better user experience.
By gathering, analysing and combining your personal data, we create a personal profile of you. This is also known as profiling. With profiling, we can estimate certain behaviour relating to your personality, for example in order to be able to provide you with customised services. By using your profile, we can show you personal advertisements on our website or send you personal offers. That enables us to provide you with an even better service. However, we only do profiling if you have given your consent for this.
5. We make use of external parties that support us in providing the service you request. Naturally, we reach good agreements with these external parties on the treatment of your personal data with due care.
For a number of services, we make use of external parties. In that case, it is possible that we will share your personal data with those parties.
Most external parties support us in providing the service you request. In some cases, this may involve additional services, such as facilitating marketing activities. We have good agreements with these external parties on the treatment of your personal data with due care.
For example, we make use of external parties in the following categories:
- Payment providers;
- Hosting providers;
- External service providers;
- Data processing parties.
6. If you make use of an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account, you can manage your personal data simply at a central location.
What does Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium do with your Apollo Friends and/or your Apollo Best Buy Account?
If you make use of the benefits of an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account, this additional provision applies to you.
Your personal data that you manage in your Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account are used for the following purposes:
|Additional purposes if you use an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account||When do we do this?|
|1||Your personal data will only be shared with services provided under Apollo Friends and/or the Apollo Best Buy Account which you actually use.||So only if you make use of an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account and have given consent for this.|
|2||Offering an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account in which you can manage your personal data.||Only if you make use of an Apollo Friends and/or Apollo Best Buy Account and have therefore given consent for this.|
|3||We keep you informed of our own services regularly, via our newsletter. Naturally, you can deregister for this newsletter.||If you have not already done so.|
7. In order to be able to continually improve our websites, we record (personal) data on the use of our website (Cookies).
In order to be able to continually improve our websites, we record data on the use of our website by our visitors.
Examples of data that we record on the use of the websites include:
- The number of visitors per half-day
- The average duration of visits to the Apollo Hotels websites
- The number of clicks before a service is purchased
- The settings of your appliance that your browser sends to us, with which it may be possible to identify you uniquely and with which your visit to the Apollo website can be tracked.
We may share these data, which may be personal data under certain circumstances, with third parties that conduct analyses for us. For information on cookies, we refer you to our cookies statement at https://www.apollohotels.nl/cookies/
8. We do not save your personal data for longer than necessary, unless we have a legal obligation to keep personal data for longer.
We do not save your personal data for longer than necessary.
We need your personal data in order to be able to provide you with a good service. In the first instance, this also determines the term that we apply for saving your personal data. In some cases, we are required by law to keep personal data for longer. According to tax law, for example, we are required to keep fiscally relevant personal data for seven years. These may include your personal data, for as long as these are fiscally relevant.
9. We do everything we can to secure your personal data as effectively as possible against unauthorised access, loss or theft.
We secure your personal data that we save.
Naturally, we do everything we can to secure your personal data as effectively as possible against unauthorised access, loss or theft. Services are designed so that an appropriate level of security applies. Employees of Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium only have access to your personal data if this is necessary.
We contract agreements on the security of your personal data that we have processed by external parties.
If we engage an external party to process personal data for us, we ensure that this party also complies with our security requirements. We do this by contracting a ‘processor’s agreement’, in which we record agreements on matters including the security measures to be taken and the use of the personal data.
10. You have the right to view your personal data that we process. In addition, you have the right to arrange to have the processing of personal data corrected, blocked or deleted.
Would you like to know your rights on the basis of privacy law?
On the basis of the applicable legislation, you have the right to view your personal data that we process. You also have the right to arrange for your personal data to be corrected, blocked and/or deleted.
Please contact us for this, using the contact details below:
You can contact us if you have any comments or questions on this privacy statement or if you wish to view your personal data:
Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium
Attn. of the privacy officer
1077 BA AMSTERDAM
Or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Specific privacy statements of Apollo & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands & Belgium
- Privacy statement on hotel reservations and stays by e-mail and telephone
- Privacy statement on hotel reservations and stays via website
- Privacy statement on hotel reservations and stays via GDS
- Privacy statement on hotel reservations and stays via partners
- Privacy statement on restaurant reservations and visits
- Privacy statement on hall reservations and visits
- Privacy statement on Promenade Health Club subscriptions and visits
- Privacy statement on Promenade Health Club subscriptions and reservations via app
- Privacy statement on Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam Rembrandtpark parking subscriptions
- Privacy statement on job applications
- Privacy statement on camera surveillance (CCTV)